Flash Game Toolkit

The working journal for the Flash Game Toolkit. Read all about the progress and challenges I encounter in the Open Source Project. The key bits of knowledge I am hoping to gain is how to run an Extreme Programming Project and a large scale project in ActionScript. MacroMedia Flash ActionScript is a great language to prototype games in. The Flash Game Toolkit intends to build the components a board/dice/card game designer would need to put together a game.

Thursday, July 3

Thoth Engine

Thoth Engine There may already be an engine similar to what I am working on. More ambitious. And working. And tons of games available for it. And... But not for Flash.

It is going to set the bar higher -- be able to read in a configuration file for each game, multiplayer support, and lots of things I didn't consider. Of course, it makes me wonder if my project is worth pursuing. Yes. It also means that my engine may have a lot of games available for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home