Flash Game Toolkit

The working journal for the Flash Game Toolkit. Read all about the progress and challenges I encounter in the Open Source Project. The key bits of knowledge I am hoping to gain is how to run an Extreme Programming Project and a large scale project in ActionScript. MacroMedia Flash ActionScript is a great language to prototype games in. The Flash Game Toolkit intends to build the components a board/dice/card game designer would need to put together a game.

Sunday, June 15

Breakfast Time

I feel like I have accomplished quite a bit for the first 24 hours. But now I am getting hungry and it is time for breakfast and some chores.

The ASUnit stuff is functional. It wasn't my code but I made some changes to improve the output.

The basic requirements seem solid. I think I should be able to crank through one class today -- spending time making sure I am testing properly. And then the rest of the objects will just start falling into place. Could the whole thing be done already if I didn't care about the process? Not important.

I got carried away on getting the dice to be 3D objects. But v1.1 will have that support. I think I can be clever and map all the rotational stuff into like 9 images (and paint the dots on the faces.) It may require a fixed camera angle (as if you were rolling dice onto a table but I don't think that is too restrictive.) Bouncing dice will be the v1.1 demo highlight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home